Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I am slacking: A Kindle Fire Review

Okay, I have not been reading as much as I'd like.  I am still reading The Only Ones, which has been great so far, but I have also been playing with my new Kindle.  I have downloaded more Apps, music, and books than you can shake a stick at!  One issue I have had has not been the quality of the Kindle, but the quality of books that are out there.  There are thousands of books that cost below $5, but the ones I have begun reading are not any good.  Take, for example, Hampton Road.  I got it for, I can't remember, 1 or 2 bucks.  The premise is a guy is in an insane asylum, and he is trying to figure out why he is there.  He keeps flashing back to the events that preceded the event that sent him to the asylum.  It sounds pretty good, but it is very ho-hum.  The characters are not realistic, and the dialogue is lacking.  The plot pace is slow, and it could be jazzed up a bit.  It is not horrible, but it could be better.  But I guess that is why it is a $2 book on the Kindle only - not a  mass-paper-produced book.
I also like the fact that I can put lots and lots and lots of stuff on it.  My kiddo wants to play a game, no problem, here is a bowling game.  My older kiddo wants to read a book, okie dokie, here is Llama Llama Red Pajama.  Both want to watch a movie, we can do that, too.  If I want the Internet, it's there.  If I want to listen to Adele, she's there, too.  Oh, yeah, if I want to read three books at once, I can do so without trying to carry lots of bookage.  It's very convenient. 
So, overall, kudos to the Kindle.  It is a great fit for techy families and readers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment