Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reorganizing the Library Part Deaux

Hello, all!
I forgot to mention that I completed the ficiton re-org that I began at the beginning of the year!  Okay, it was actually completed a couple of months back, but I did not update you on the progress.  We decided on five genres that would best fit our library - general fiction, suspense (which includes mystery and horror), graphic novels, sports fiction, girl's favorites (chick lit.), fantasy, sci-fi, adventure, historical fiction and classics. 
The neat part is now I know what the kiddos here enjoy most.  Fantasy.  Fantasy!  I would have told you it was suspense, but nope, Fantasy.  The top three are Fantasy, Girl's Lit, and Suspense.  My least looked at genre is historical ficiton.  Now I know I need to start creating displays highlighting that genre - there are some real gems in there!!
I have posted some pictures of the library, so you can see examples.

An example of Girl's favorites

Fantasy - the school favorite!

Suspense - notice the Darren Shan alongside Willo Davis Roberts

My chart to let kiddos know what the colors mean
The "map" of the shelves so students can navigate their way


No comments:

Post a Comment