Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Far Far Away by Tom McNeal

A few months ago I stumbled upon a book that reminded me how awesome YA literature can be.  It looked unassuming and sounded like a story that I had heard before (a la 6th Sense).  It was called Far Far Away by Tom McNeal.  I put it on my "to do" list and tucked it away for another day.
Over Christmas break, I decided to give it a go.
Boy, am I happy I did.  This is a book that begins quietly.  We meet Jeremy Johnson-Johnson, a boy with an interesting past.  He lives above a bookstore that only sells two books - his grandfather's biography part 1 and 2.  He has been dubbed the town oddball because, as a child, he proclaimed that he hears voices.  The voice that Jeremy hears is that of Jacob Grimm, whose soul is stuck in the "in-between".
In this novel there is suspense, mystery, romance, and thrills.  I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style of the author and finding out why Grimm is "still here".  Overall, this is a novel that comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment